School Mission • Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow
The mission of C.W. Ruckel Middle School is to empower students to excel as contributing members
of society by guaranteeing a quality educational foundation.
We place our emphasis on:
- A safe environment in which students can learn and grow
- Excellence and quality in student learning and achievement
- The core values of honesty, integrity, responsibility, respect, courtesy, cooperation, empathy, and excellence
- The value of every student’s ability to learn
- Parents, teachers, and staff making decisions based on what is in the best interest and welfare
- Vertical/horizontal alignment in all curriculum areas
- Reading strategies used across the core curriculum areas
- Recognizing diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Effective communication between students, educators, parents, administrators, school board members and others in the community
- Effective schools require adequate and equitable funding
- Continuing professional development
- Sunshine State Standards—based curriculum
- The principal who serves as an instructional leader
- Smaller classes to enhance a student’s opportunity to be successful
- Use of technology throughout the curriculum
- School Accountability Reports
New county-wide Registration portal for new students HERE
The portal will allow most of the registration process to be completed from home.
Call the Guidance Office at 833-4142 for more information.
See the latest media release HERE
6th Grade Courses | 7th Grade Courses | 8th Grade Courses
Class Registration Forms for Ruckel Middle School 2020-2021
6th Grade | 7th Grade | 8th Grade
Math Track to Prepare for High School | Math Course Descriptions
Info about Math classes offered for High School credit here at Ruckel
Info about Math, IT, and Science classes offered for High School credit here at Ruckel
Explore the opportunities in Career and Technical Education
6th Grade • 7th Grade • 8th Grade • Honors Algebra • Math Skills and Links
Graduation Options for the State of Florida
Sample from 2014-2015
Controlled Open Enrollment information to attend Ruckel Middle School
Please visit the Duke TIP web site here for answers to any questions
that you may have about the Talent Search.
Please note, Enrollment Deadlines begin in September and continue through the year.
Watch for details when school begins.
Please call the Guidance Office at 833-4154 if you have further questions.
Congratulations to Ruckel 7th graders (l to r) Craig Falzone, Campbell Hough, Kathryn Kulow,
Meridian Sobel and Lillian Suttlemyre for being recognized at the State level
Congratulations to Lillian Suttlemyre for also being recognized at the Grand level!
The Duke TIP 7th Grade Talent Search includes a group of students who have demonstrated advanced aptitudes on grade-level assessments. These candidates are invited to complete an above-level test, either the SAT or the ACT, which provides the means to further define their potential for a higher level of learning. Duke TIP provides the participants with comparative information concerning their academic abilities and resources for unique educational opportunities. Students with qualifying scores are invited to attend a State Recognition Ceremony at designated universities. In addition, students with the highest scores are honored at the Grand Recognition Ceremony at Duke University.
At the Challenger Center in Tallahassee, 6th Grade Science students
visited the planetarium, watched an IMAX movie on the Hubble telescope,
saw some air pressure experiments, and participated in a mission to the moon.
The mission to the moon was very well designed; the kids all had a great time
with it and learned a lot!