Military Family Life Counseling
Military and Family Life Counselor
- The Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) is available to all students at Ruckel who have a family member who is active duty Military, Reserves or National Guard.
- These services are short-term, non-medical counseling support.
- Services are private and confidential with the exception of child abuse/neglect, domestic abuse and other duty-to-warn situations.
New! March 30, 2020
• MFLC Video Conferencing/Telephonic Non-Medical Counseling Flyer HERE
• Letter to Military Parents - How to access MFLC Counseling HERE
April is the Month of the Military Child
April 17 is Florida's Purple Up for Military Kids Day
Purple represents all branches of the U.S. Military
• Ideas to celebrate Middle School students with family serving in the military HERE
• Ideas for Elementary School students with family serving in the military HERE
• Activity Guide and Book List HERE
Although we are not currently in the classroom, some of these ideas may spark
an activity you can enjoy together as a family at home. Be well!
- Issues addressed by MFLCs
- School adjustment
- Deployment and separation
- Reunion adjustment
- Sibling and parent-child communication
- Behavioral concerns
- Fear, grief and loss
Lunch Bunch Groups are led by MFLC Monday through Friday.
- These groups occur during the student's regular lunch time.
- Groups involve a short educational or skill building activity and free time.
If you are interested in your child participating in programs provided through the MFLC, or have any questions, please contact Military Family Life Counselor at 850-417-4261.
Visit the Military Child Education Coalition website, www.militarychild.org