Q:  How do I receive my experience credit from Okaloosa County?

A: You can fax, email  or mail your receiving counties form to 850-833-7638,, or 120 Lowery Pl, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

Q: How do I transfer sick leave to the District?

A: Once you have notified your previous employer, they will need to send sick leave transfer documentation to Human Resources.

Q:When will I receive my paycheck?

A: Employees are paid the last working day of the month. You can have your check Direct Deposited by filling out MIS  3293 and returning to Payroll.

Q: When is my start date?

A: The school or department secretary provides the start date.

Q: How do I receive Master’s Degree pay?

A: Florida Statues Section 1012-22 (as applied to degrees held in an area of certification) hold that an employee who was hired on or after July 1, 2011 will receive a supplement for any education beyond a Bachelor’s degree.

Q: Where can I get Verification of Experience Forms?

A: Verification of Experience forms are available online at

You may also request these forms while attending your hiring appointment.

Q: How much will I get paid?

A: Your hourly pay rate and/or annual salary will be set once all completed Verification of Experience forms have been received and approved by your HR analyst.

Please refer to the Master Contracts which can be found at Non-Instructional Employees are covered under the OCESPA Agreement and Instructional Employees are covered under the OCEA Agreement.

Q: When will my health benefits begin?

A: Health benefits become effective after 90 days of employment. You may contact the Insurance Department at 833-3190 for additional information.



HR Home