Sun Life will continue as the Okaloosa County School District's life insurance provider for 2019.
Employees who have elected life insurance coverage for the calendar year 2018 will automatically be enrolled in the same coverage for the calendar year 2019. Employees who would like to enroll or make changes for 2019 must go online to mybensite.com/okaloosa. The Board provides $25,000 basic term life insurance for all employees. Employee must enroll on mybensite.com/okaloosa to add a beneficiary to their board paid life insurance policy. Employees have an option to purchase additional optional and dependent term life coverage.
Life insurance provides surviving family members with the funds to meet existing financial obligations such as unpaid medical bills, funeral expenses, the mortgage and other debts (credit cards, car loans, etc.).
As part of Group Basic Life Insurance from Sun Life Financial, employees are now eligible for two new services – Emergency Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Protection. Employees enrolled in Group Basic Life Insurance will automatically have these services now, with no additional forms to fill out.
- Emergency Travel Assistance* - As an eligible participant in Sun Life's life insurance, you and your immediate family are covered members for the Assist America services, including :
- medical consultation, evaluation, and referral
- hospital admission
- critical care monitoring
- prescription assistance
- legal and interpreter referrals
- emergency medical evacuation
- Identity Theft Protection - Identity theft is a serious crime that affects millions of Americans each year. Victims don’t have to face it alone. Employees now have a powerful Identity Theft Protection program that can help restore financial records, credit reports, and more. With one phone call, receive step-by-step guidance from an anti-fraud expert, who will be assigned to help until the identity thief’s “fingerprints” are erased. For extra protection, employees can also register up to ten credit or debit cards for online surveillance to help stop identity theft before it happens.
- Optional Employee Life Insurance - Paid by Employee - all eligible employees are able to select up to five times your annual salary or $150,000 on a guaranteed basis (no medical questions asked). Anything over this amount requires Evidence of Insurance (EOI). If you are currently eligible for additional life insurance, but not enrolled, or if you are currently enrolled in additional life and wish to increase your coverage level, the amount you are applying for is subject to medical evidence of insurability. If you have been turned down in the past for supplemental life insurance, then you will not be eligible.
Both services are provided by Assist America®. Assist America’s Emergency Travel Assistance is not insurance and does not replace health insurance. In order to get reimbursed for medical bills, please follow the procedures outlined in the health plan.
- Assist America Information and ID card - Print card and place with your travel documents.
* This is not medical insurance. No claims for reimbursement will be accepted. All services must be arranged and provided by Assist America. Spouse business travel excluded. Optional coverage for trips longer than 90 days.