The Okaloosa County School District Transportation Department has offices in the north, central and south parts of the county to better serve our students and our schools. Our main objective is to transport students to and from school in a safe and timely manner every day. We have a fleet of 231 buses that transport over 16,000 students daily, covering three million miles in a single school year!
Besides transporting students, the Transportation Department also:
- Provides transportation for extra-curricular activities;
- Educates elementary students in bus safety;
- Trains prospective drivers in commercial driver training programs;
- Processes vehicle tags and registration for all schools and departments;
- Issues vehicle numbers.
For more information, call:
Crestview - 850.689.7301
Niceville - 850.833.4161
Fort Walton - 850.833.3554
School Site Locator
Want to know the address and phone number of your student's school? Enter your home address into the School Site Locator below to find your zoned schools:
SchoolSite Locator will run on Internet Explorer version 9 and above as well as Chrome and Firefox. Internet Explorer 8 and below are not supported.
Get real-time updates about your student's bus!
The District has begun using Bus Bulletin to send notifications to parents if there are unexpected delays or schedule changes involving a student's bus.If you would like to receive these notifications, please register at the Bus Bulletin website. For more information, view the Bus Bulletin flyer.
School Bus Safety
School buses provide the safest form of transportation in the United States. Nationwide each school year, approximately 470,000 school buses travel 4.3 billion miles transporting 25 million students to and from school and school-related activities. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics show that the fatality rate for school buses is 0.2 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled as compared to 1.5 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles for cars. School bus travel is approximately 8 times safer than travel in other types of vehicles. This unparalleled safety record is largely the result of the manner in which school buses are constructed.
- Safe Schools Training
- School Bus Rules
- Transportation Safety Instructions
- Buckle Up For Safety - Florida Statue
- School Bus Safety - Do You Know the Law
- National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration (NHTSA) In-Service on-line Training
- MIS 5060 Field Trip Request
- MIS 5185 On/Off Campus School Activity Form
- MIS 5186 Agreement Governing the Use of Private Autos for School Business
- MIS 5327 Student Trip Request
Questions or Concerns
Jay McInnis, Program Director
Robert Martin, CDL Instructor and Safety Coordinator
Fort Walton Beach Office: 850.833.3555
Donna Poole, Route Coordinator
Tim Roberts, Transportation South Shop Foreman
Niceville Office: 850.833.4162
Pam Jenks, Route Coordinator
James Banks, Shop Foreman
Crestview Office: 850.689.7301
Tim Duffey, Route Coordinator
Kevin Bell, Shop Foreman