School-Based Staff Development Coordinators
The Okaloosa County School District maintains a Staff Development contact at each school whose job title is Staff Development Coordinator. This individual reports to the principal and is the liaison between the school and the Professional Development Department. The Staff Development Coordinator’s job responsibilities include the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in professional development activities designed to prepare him/her for the position.
- Coordinate and assist with the design, implementation, evaluation, and follow-up of school-based workshops/training activities.
- Coordinate with the Office of Staff Development for the completion and submission of appropriate forms, documentation, etc. for workshops/training activities.
- Post information relevant to in-service opportunities.
- Inform the principal/administrator of staff development programs, issues, and progress.
- Annually, Staff Development Coordinators attend district training related to the performance of job duties in order to maintain a comprehensive system of professional learning across the district.