*Please complete at least 1 new assessment, with each transition-age student, each year.*
- Online Student-Directed Assessments - 1-2-3 Test, Career Aptitude Test: This free career aptitude test can provide insight into a person’s job personality. Based on a characterization of the individual’s personality in terms of Holland Code personality types, he/she will learn what kind of work environments and occupations would be best. The results of this career test provide individuals with a list of professions and occupations that fit their career personality.
- Career Index Plus - An interactive career assessment tool, which also includes information helpful in finding career interests and employment. Free registration is required.
- Casey Life Skills (CLS) Assessment (Youth) / Casey Life Skills (CLS) Assessment (Provider) - Helps identify personal, functional, independent living and employment skills to achieve long-term goals for students ages 14-21. CLS requires free account registration and a mentor/case manager to assist the student.
- Goodwill Community Foundation’s Assessment and Lesson Planner - Assessments and lessons to plan a career, apply for jobs, balance work life and get the training needed for today’s marketplace.
- MyCareerShines - An online planning tool is a comprehensive career planning system. With MyCareerShines, students are able to explore careers, identify personal preferences for future employment and learn about the educational requirements for specific professions.
- MyNextMove - An interactive profiler that helps students find out what their interests are and how they relate to the world of work.
- Roadtrip Nation - Free career exploration tool. Includes basic career interest inventory and suggested fields, and real-life stories of people in those fields. A more comprehensive version is available for a fee.
- Age-Appropriate Transition Assessment Library - Ohio Department of Education (General Assessments)
- Career Family Tree Worksheet - Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), is a one-page family tree career interest survey.
- Choicemaker Self-Determination Assessment, AIR Self-Determination Assessment ARC Self-Determination Scale
- Employability/Life Skills Assessment (ELSA) - various age ranges and assessments for educators and parents
- I’m Determined Self-Determination Checklists
- Pictorial Interest Inventory from Champlain Valley Educational Services (CVES)
General Transition Assessment Resources
- Age-Appropriate Transition Assessment and Resources from the transition Improvement Grant (TIG)
- Age Appropriate Transition Assessment Toolkit from the National Technical Assistance Center on Transition (NTACT)
- Free Transition Assessments from Transition Hub
- Quick Book of Transition Assessments from Ohio Center for Autism and Low-Incidence (OCALI)
- Transition Assessment information from Project 10
- Transition Assessment Matrix from Indiana Secondary Transition Resource Center (INSTRC)
- Pictorial Interest Inventory
- AIR Self-Determination Assessment
- Career Cluster Interest Survey
- Child Preference Indicators (CPI)
- Index of Learning Styles (ILS)
- Quickbook of Transition Assessments (Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence)
- America’s Career One Stop Skills Profiler
- O*Net Career Exploration Tools
- O*NET Skills Search