Curriculum and Instruction
The Mission Statement of the Curriculum and Instruction Department is to assist schools in reaching their long-range goals of high standards for student performance by providing quality resources and support. In short, the mission is to advance knowledge of, and professional practice in, teaching and learning.
This mission is carried out by the responsibilities of the department's staff listed below. The primary areas of responsibility including Writing Instruction, Literacy (across the curriculum), Math and Science initiatives, Instructional Technology, AP and IB (vertical alignment and Freshmen Transition), and services for Title I schools.
Assistant Superintendent, Academic and Student Services
- Jeff Palmer - Director, K-12
- Amy Dale - Specialist, Title I and Title IX
- Tami Ellis - Specialist, Science
- Ann Flanagan - Specialist, Reading, Title II
- Lynn Kozak - Specialist, Curriculum
- Stephanie Thetford - Specialist, Mathematics
- Amber Floyd - Administrative Assistant to Marcus Chambers - 850.833.3191
- Martha Adams - Administrative Assistant to Shelia Lightbourne - 850.833.5888
- Lori Hupp - Administrative Secretary - 850.833.4208
Curriculum and Instruction Office
202A North Highway 85
Niceville, FL 32578
Proposed School Board Policy 01-19 - Parents’ Bill of Rights and School Partnerships for Students
A proposed new School Board policy, Parents’ Bill of Rights and School Partnerships for Students, will address a parent’s rights regarding their child’s education. To make comments and/or suggestions about this policy, please email Lori Hupp.
- Comprehensive Health Education Plans
- Curriculum and Instruction Website
- Parent/Student Resources
- Administrator Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Florida Required Instruction Implementation Report