The Okaloosa School District is recruiting mentors at all academic levels throughout the county. The District screens, orients, trains and matches volunteer mentors with students and maintains support of mentoring relationships between students and mentors.
Mentoring takes place during the school year on the school campus for 30 minutes to one hour each week at a time during the school day that is convenient for both mentor and student.
Studies have shown that students who are mentored develop more positive attitudes, achieve higher grades, improve relationships with adults and peers, are better able to express feelings, are more likely to trust their teachers, and develop higher levels of self-confidence.
Become a Mentor
- Complete the Online Volunteer Application (application link is not active right now)
- By selecting "Mentor" on the application, you will be emailed instructions on how to complete the fingerprinting process.
- Watch the Mentor training video: Coming Soon!
- Contact the school you wish to mentor at directly when you have been approved for fingerprints and have watched the training video.
- Mentor Orientation Training Video - coming soon!
Questions and Concerns
Office of Community Affairs