Jody Dunn, Crestview HS, Named Winner of the Florida Band Association’s Oliver Hobbs Award
Jody Dunn, Director of Bands at Crestview High School, was recognized at the February 22, 2021, School Board meeting for being named the winner of the Florida Band Association’s Oliver Hobbs Award. Dunn was named the recipient for consistent superior ratings. There are only up to 4 recipients selected per year.
Since its inception in 2006, there have only been 45 band directors across the state to receive this award. Four of those have been from the Okaloosa County School District including:
- Randy Folsom – Fort Walton Beach High School
- Dan Wooten – Niceville High School
- Eddie Steadman – Ruckel Middle School
- Jeff Adams – Niceville High School
According to the Florida Bandmasters Association, this award recognizes FBA members who have consistently done an exceptional job year after year in the position of band director. In order for a band director to win this award, the following criteria must be met:
- FBA Member for at least 15 years and a current band director in the state of Florida
- Attends FBA District and State meetings on a regular basis
- Superior (at least 75% of the time) ratings at the District Concert and Marching assessments.
- Participation and with outstanding results at the District music performance assessments.
- Service to the profession
Jody Dunn continues to be exemplary in leadership and service to Crestview High School’s marching band, the Big Red Machine, as well as to our district-level Performing Arts program.