Okaloosa County Title I Pre-K program - Parents/legal guardians may apply now!
The Okaloosa County Title I Pre-K program is dedicated to providing a developmentally appropriate program for young children. This program is designed to provide a compatible environment, adult interaction and active learning experiences that aid your children in developing the skills, habits, and attitudes that contribute to an achievement-filled school career and successful life.
Space in the Pre-K program is limited, due to high demand.
The Title I Pre-K Program is designed for children four years old on or before 1 September of the school year. Children must currently reside in Florida. Qualification for participation in the program is based on developmental and academic need. Income is not a factor for qualification.
Children attend the program for 180 days, following the same school year calendar as regular grade school. Attendance is required and the same regulations apply to Pre-K as those for regular grades. Children may participate in the breakfast and lunch programs at their school. Free and Reduced Lunch applications will be available to parents once registration is complete.
Parents or legal guardians may apply for a VPK certificate for their child online starting January 1st, 2019 at https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com. Parents may also apply online at one of the in kiosks the Shalimar Office lobby during normal business hours. Children are eligible for the program if they are 4 years old on, or before, 09/01/19. Their date of birth must fall between 09/02/14 and 09/01/15. Due to the high volume of VPK applications, please allow up to 5 business days for application review/approval.
Early Learning Coalition
Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5pm, Friday 7:30am-1:30pm
1130 N. Eglin Parkway, Shalimar, FL. 32579
Parents/guardians MUST provide ONE document from EACH of the two categories below to be issued a certificate for their child:
1. Proof of Child's Date of Birth
- Official birth certificate or record (The Souvenir Certificate issued by the hospital is not acceptable.)
- A current Florida shot/immunization record indicating the date of birth signed by a public health officer or licensed practicing physician (issued at the Health Department)
- A valid passport
- A valid dependent ID Card
2. Proof of Florida Residency
- Valid Florida Driver's License or Florida Identification card with physical address (P.O. Boxes are not acceptable.)
- Utility bill with name and current physical address (May not be older than 12 months. May not be bank statements, cell phone/credit card/insurance bills/statements.)
- Pay stub with name and current physical address (May not be older than 12 months.)
- Property tax assessment showing homestead exemption
- Current residential lease with name, current address, and Landlord's and Parent's signatures
- Military orders (Military PCS to Florida must be within the past 12 months.)
- The ELC VPK Proof of Residency Form (must be notarized)
Parents/guardians who cannot provide the above documentation may contact the ELC prior to starting their online application for an alternate list of acceptable forms of documentation at 850.833.3627.
For more information, please contact the Okaloosa County School District Title I VPK Coordinator Debbie Haan at 850.689-7211.