OCSD Launches Help Desk Self-Service Portal
The Okaloosa County School District is excited to launch the OCSD Help Desk Self-Service Portal which will enable employees to create their own help desk tickets without having to contact the OCSD Help Desk by phone or by submitting an email. The Help Desk Self-Service Portal is convenient and easy to use. Tickets can be submitted quickly online which will speed up the process of reporting and resolving IT issues. The portal is also a great resource for information regarding Apple iPad Support, GRADES Assistance, Network Account Requests, PAWS/AS 400 Support, Unblock Website Requests, and to check on the status of a ticket. Employees can continue to call/email the Help Desk if needed.
A link to the OCSD Help Desk Self-Service Portal has been placed in ClassLink and in several locations on the district website:
- in the middle links column at the bottom of the OkaloosaSchools.com home page, and
- on the Employees page.
To access the OCSD Help Desk Self-Service Portal login page in ClassLink simply click the Help Desk Self-Service icon and you will be automatically signed on to the portal.
If you are accessing the OCSD Help Desk Self-Service Portal from a link on the website, click the link and you will be taken to the login page.
To log-in, please enter you full email address and password (to include ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’).
If you are having trouble logging in, and on the OCSD network and need to reset your email password, you can access Password Rest page by clicking the link on the bottom of the login page.
Once you are logged in, you will be on the Home page.
This pages has links to be able submit a Help Desk ticket, get Information about IT Support, and view the status of existing Help Desk tickets. If there is important information that the District is broadcasting about things such as alerts or outages, the message(s) will be displayed in the Alerts and Outages block on the top of the page.
- Note that the top blue banner has links for ease of navigation as well, from here you can get back to the Home page, Submit a ticket, Get Information or check your ticket status.
To submit a ticket if you have a general IT Issue, use the Report a General IT Issue link.
If your issue is in one of the listed areas on the main menu, click on the general area and then select the specific area.
- For example, i you if you have received a message that your email mailbox if full, click Email Assistance then Mailbox / Over size limit.
Complete the form.
- Note the fields with a red indicator on them are mandatory and needs to be populated.
- If you only need to add one or a few asset tag numbers, just type them in the box above. (Be sure to separate asset tag numbers with a comma.
- If you need to add many asset tag numbers, use the paperclip icon to attach a file to this ticket. (You will also need to type "See attachment" into the 'Asset Tag(s)' box above)
Once completed, click the 'Submit' button below the form
Once submitted, your ticket will be forwarded to the Help Desk for review. You may be contacted by phone or email for additional information.
To check the status of an existing ticket:
Click Ticket Status, either on the top, blue banner or on the bottom, right list under Get Info.
- Click Open tickets to see tickets that you called in for yourself or reported for someone else, that are still open.
- Click Closed tickets for tickets that you called in for yourself or reported for someone else, that have been Resolved/Closed in the last 6 months.
- Note that if you have a question about a ticket that has been closed for more than 6 months, you will need to contact the Help Desk for more information.
Once you are finished, simply logout to end your OCSD Help Desk Self-Service Portal session.