- Recognition of Alphabet letters (capital and lowercase) and their corresponding sounds, with emphasis on Mm, Aa, Ss, Pp
- Recognition of beginning sounds in three letter words (CVC words)
- Blend sounds together to create CVC words.
- Recognition of High Frequency Words: I, can, we, the, a, like
- Comprehension of books and stories read; this will include recognizing title, main idea, setting, story sequence and characters.
- Students will read from an on-grade level reading selection and will be scored on both fluency and accuracy.
- Students will participate in the writing process through teacher-led activities. Students will use language that is clear and focused to convey ideas and topics. When given a prompt, students will draw a picture and dictate a thought about the topic; students may engage in “scribble” writing. Writing prompt: Share an opinion (identify a preference between two events/items).
- Count to 25
- Write numbers 0-10
- Match objects to numbers 0-10
- Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1). 0-10
- Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way
- Identify whether the number of objects in one group is greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group
- Recognize the five senses and related body parts
- Sort objects by properties
- Define rules and laws and tell why we have them
- Make group decisions and resolve conflicts among friend
- Characteristics of being a good citizen