Okaloosa County is currently participating in the state textbook adoption process in social studies. Recommended materials can be accessed online here!
Okaloosa County Social Studies Textbook Recommendations
Okaloosa County is currently participating in the state textbook adoption process in social studies. The materials have been reviewed by a qualified committee of educators and put to a school vote. A recommendation will be made to the Board of Education for adoption of the following materials pending inclusion on the state adopted materials list and budget allocation. The public can access the recommended materials online through the links below.
Elementary: Studies Weekly
- Go to www.studiesweekly.com/online
- Use the login information below to access a demo student account: Username: FLStudentAdoption Password: demo
Middle School (World History, Civics and US History): McGraw Hill
- Go to website www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com
- Middle School Username: FL68Networks
- Middle School Password: FL68SS
High School (World History, Economics with Financial Literacy, American Government and US History): Pearson
- Go to website www.PHSCHOOL.COM
- Scroll to the bottom right corner and enter in the web code of the program you would like to review. The web codes are below in GREEN (letters are entered into the first box and the numbers in the second box). After entering the codes, click the “Go” button. A new page will open, click on “Launch Flipbook” (located near top center of page) and then use the arrow buttons (located at either side) to flip through the book.
- nkr-1000 Pearson Florida United States History
- nkr-1100 Pearson Florida Economics
- nkr-1200 Pearson Florida Magruder’s American Government
- nkr-1300 Pearson Florida World History
Print materials can also be reviewed by contacting Ann Flanagan at (850) 833-6312 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.