Charlotte Wadsworth, Baker School (pictured above in the middle), was named the 2016-17 Okaloosa County School District Teacher of the Year. Annie Riggins, Meigs Middle School (left) and Rosemarie Morris, STEMM Academy (right) were the runner-ups.
Teacher Web Page Resources
- Need help creating a new Teacher webpage or help moving content from WIkispace to your webpage? Use these step-by-step video tutorials and manuals to get started:
- NEW!! How to Transfer Wikispace to Drupal
- Teacher Web Pages Drupal 7 Training Manual
- Teacher Web Pages - Video Tutorials
- Teacher Request to Create Teacher Page
Grants Available to Teachers
- BBVA Compass Charitable Giving - Did you know that 30% of BBVA Compass Charitable Giving grants go to education priorities? If you have a BBVA Compass Bank in your area, you may want to sit in on one of their monthly Charitable Contributions Process Conference Webinar presentations (mandatory to apply for grants). Grants range from $2,500 to $10,000 for teacher professional development, access to higher education, and other Pre-K-12 programs. They fund on a rolling basis with a final annual deadline of September 30, but funding is typically exhausted by the end of July.
- Dollar General Youth Literacy Grants - provides funding to schools, public libraries, and nonprofit organizations to help students who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading. Awards are announced August 28, but applications are due May 22, 2014.
- Pathway to Financial Success Grant - High schools in your district may be interested in applying for Discover’s Pathway to Financial Success Grant for help implementing financial education into their curriculum. Grant amounts are assessed on a program-by-program basis and, while no formal deadline has been established, organizations are encouraged to apply soon. The website also has great resources for financial curriculum and how to begin implementation.
- Lincoln’s Legacy Award - Has one of your programs had a measurable impact on increased graduation rates and college preparedness through mentoring, tutoring, technology skills training and college readiness programs? Apply for the Lincoln’s Legacy Award from Lincoln Financial Group and win $50,000! Application deadline is June 6, 2014.
- Wild Ones - , a nonprofit environmental education and advocacy organization, is accepting applications from projects designed to strengthen an appreciation for nature in young people. Grants of up to $500 are available and applications are due October 15, 2014.