Digital Educator Program
Okaloosa County’s Digital Educator Program is a strategic initiative to will increase the number of teachers at each site who understand how to use technology to enhance a lesson and to engage the student to improve student learning and meet OCSD’s long-range goals of high standards and achievement. The program’s guiding philosophy is that good lessons are enhanced by technology, not driven by it.
The Digital Educator Resources Table is an interactive reference which has been prepared for your use, and is an example of our anticipated 2013- 2014 template for organizing resources from within OCSD and beyond. Though certainly not all inclusive, it is designed to allow teachers to use the grid to identify resources most compatible with their classroom profile and technology device configuration. Please direct any questions concerning its use, links, and/or layout to Brandon McSween.
The vision of the Florida Digital Educators (FDE) is to ensure that teachers and students seamlessly use technology as a tool to accomplish tasks through higher-order thinking skills within a disciplined study so that students will succeed in the global community.
Okaloosa County's Digital Educator Program finished as one of the Top 100 Districts in the netTrekker's Digital Learning Awards Program for the 2011 - 2012 school year. This new awards program was established to honor school districts that are effectively using digital resources to impact the teaching and learning environments. The winning districts have employed netTrekker Search to deliver educator-vetted, standards-aligned digital resources to every student and teacher in the district.
NEW Apprentice Digital Educator Institute and Workshop – June 19th and 20th, 2013
*The Apprentice Digital Educator cohort is for those entering the program, without regard to specific skills.
NEW Mentor Digital Educator Institute and Workshop – August 1st and 2nd, 2013
*The Mentor Digital Educator cohort is for teachers who are returning to the DE program.
Training Topics Include:
1. Digital Media Literacies: Part 1)Vodcasting, Camtasia, and creating the OCSD ‘Flipped’ Classroom cohort
2. Digital Meetings, Points, and A La Carte Tech Lab trainings (a preview)
3. Integration of TIMS and NETS/NETT standards within classroom instruction and student productivity
4. Visible Technology Integration as it supports Common Core
5. Platform Agnostic Teaching and the 4 C's: Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking, and Communication
6. Professional Technology Associations affiliated with OCSD- COSN, FCITL, FSTE, ISTE, and FAEDS
- Apple Distinguished Educator Program
- Creative Commons
- Florida Center for Instructional Technology
- Go Animate for Schools
- National Technology in Education Standards for Teachers (ISTE)
- Prezi for Education
- Stanford’s Fair Use Fair(y) Tale Video for Teachers and Students
- Sunshine Connections
- Technology Lab Resources
- The Flipped Classroom
- The Technology Integration Matrix